Saturday, May 24, 2008

update in sadr city










hi all! i hope all is well back in the states...here is pretty good but its starting to get really hot! weve been doing patrols in the heat of the day which is about 115 degrees give or take. lots of kids everywhere...i dont know how they can stand the heat. the 60- 70 pounds of gear i wear is starting to take a toll on my back. but things will be better...better life through modern pharmacuticals! i just got done watching the new indiana jones movie....i was dissapointed. whats up with steven speilburg and aliens! damn give it a rest! well life is damn hot here and things are quiet...heres some pics from our patrols

8 comments:

KurtMartiNick said...

You need an ice cold Pacifico at Leucadia about now.

KurtMartiNick said...

Picture #1? Is that 2/3rds of the TeenAge Mutant Ninja Turtles?

Anonymous said...

Uncle Kurt is so funny!! I'm so glad you have some down time today, you deserve it! Enjoy all the goodies in the box...I'm happy it arrived safely...another one will be sent out on Tuesday. Grandpa's wings will protect you, and keep you safe. This weekend we honor you, and all the fallen who gave the ultimate for our freedom....
I Love You, Son!
Mom

KurtMartiNick said...

How's your back? When you get home try Backs R Us or Back City USA. Use a fanny/leg/arm/head/foot pack. Like in Europe. BY the way, any French troops over there? (I'm thinking NO) HEAD DOWN-GET HOME

Unknown said...

HI,hon...so good to see your face! No, I don't think you look like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but more like some crazy 1980's exercise video!!!
I have the temps for Baghdad on my MSN homepage at work! Crap, didn't know anyone could live in that weather! Geez...don't you have summer uniforms to wear?? I noticed all your gear you wear on your back...good thing you're young and strong!!
I sooo appreciate what you guys are doing over there in that godforsaken place. Wish you were home, but you're doing the right thing...keep alert and know that we are all thinking about your all the time, every day!!!
All my love, hugs, and kisses!!!
Aunt Roo

KurtMartiNick said...

It was 34 degrees here this morning. Thank God for global warming. It could have been below zero. Thanks for taking the heat!

Our Family said...

I totally agree with you about the Indiana Jones movie. I was really disappointed. Well, hope your back feels better! Stay safe and keep hydrated!!!

Anonymous said...

I love you.